Saturday, April 11, 2009

I finally figured it out!

So after 3 days of a low grade fever I took Jake in to see the bro in law (pediatrician) and he said that a Gastro Intestinal bug had been going around and that it would just have to run its course but just to make sure Jake stayed well hydrated. Ok, I can deal with that! So I got some gateraid on the way home and have kept an eye on the diaper's and such... Since Thursday, when I took Jake in, he has been much better, still a little uncomfortable but much better. (Before I go on I need to mention that while I was sitting in the waiting room at the doc's office I noticed Jake's face looked a little blotchy, almost like barley there little zits and thought that was weird but didn't really think anything of it.) This morning while I was getting him dressed I was shocked to see his entire torso, front and back and also his neck and face COVERED in this blotchy rash. So after a brief moment of panic, I do a little digging and discover that all the symptoms of Roseola match perfectly with Jake's the past week. Fever for several days, up to a week. Fussiness and loss of appetite and when the fever breaks the "trunk" of the body is covered in a flat red rash. It usually clears up within a few hours or days. Its a contagious air born virus with rarely any serious side affects but it can cause seizers if the fever gets too high, luckily that parts over and Jacob is on his way to feeling much better! Whew

1 comment:

Alisa and Sky said...

Yeah when Nate got his some of his top teeth in he got really high fevers and he had roseola really bad! I took a bunch of pictures. I panicked at first to but my mom assured me that it would go away and it did. I am glad to hear jake is doing better!