Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Poor Baby

Jake is sick.... URGHHH!! I assumed when he started feeling warm last night it was because his top teeth are coming in, I honestly don't know. At about 1 AM this morning he woke up fussing for about the 4th time and when Cam went to go check on him he was really hot, so we stripped him down, gave him some medicine and let him sleep in our bed (not a usual thing at our house.) By morning Jake seemed a little better but still uncomfortable. Since then he has been on medicine every 4-6 hours on the dot. He has had a constant low grade fever and I have honestly never seen him SO miserable! I think there is a good chance it is teething but I'm not ruling out an ear infection or virus. Its so hard to see Jake so uncomfortable. He hasn't been himself at all. Usually he is going a mile a minute, never sitting still but the past 36hrs he has been extremely sleepy and clingy. He has fallen asleep out of no where a couple time (something that hasn't happend since he was a new born.) Poor Kid. The bottom teeth weren't anything like this, ya he was a little fussy and warm but never to the point where I felt like I needed to call the doc but this time has me a little worried. I wish he could tell me what's wrong, what hurts, what he needs. It almost makes me cry to watch him.

On a lighter note, Jake is walking all over the place. He can now stand up on his own. If he falls down instead of crawling he stand back up and keeps going. Soon it will be running, no doubt! He gets great satisfaction out of picking up heavy pots and pans and carrying them around the kitchen, its so cute! He also LOVES the stairs!! Since we have 2 sets of stairs he stays plenty busy! He is getting really good at mimicking us. He says "ball" a lot and "Ha" which is hot. Its so cute to see him try to enunciate, he opens his mouth really big! He has also learned "mine." I don't think he knows what it means yet and I hope he doesn't anytime soon. I think that came from playing with cousins and friends who don't like to share and say "mine" a lot. For now its still cute when Jake says it. We've also started brain storming for his 1st birthday. Most likely just a small gathering of friends and family and local park and grilling up some burgers. If the weather stays like this it will be perfect!

I promise I will post pictures soon, really there isn't much to see when the poor kid is sick!

6 comments:

Alisa and Sky said...

Nates top teeth were definitely the worst!! It was actually the two next to the middle two...i think of the name of them. He got ear infections because of teething and he was being exactly like you just discribed and his temp got up to 102 one day. It was horrible!

We are have a BBQ party for nate's first birthday tomorrow. I cant believe its already been a year!! It will definitely be a bitter sweet moment tomorrow!

The Coons Family said...

Awh that stinks he doesn't feel good at all. Hope he gets better soon! We love and miss you guys!

allison said...

That's what I keep thinking when Evie cries...I wish she could tell me what's wrong! I guess I have a long way to go...hope he gets feeling better!

Megan said...

wow one year already? Times goes by too fast! I hope he gets better soon!

Love Sweet Love said...

Aww, poor baby! Give him a big hug for me!

Cinda said...

I'm sorry Jake is sick. We wish we could be there to celebrate his first birthday with him.