Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm still alive!

Its been about 5 days since I came to watch my cousins 3 girls and I'm still alive! Jake doesn't adjust easily to the pack and play but after about 2 nights he is sleeping well. For some reason his sleeping situation will make or break me. If he fights going down for a nap its like the end of the world, well to me anyway. It stresses me out so bad that it can ruin my day. Luckily it didn't take too long for him to adjust so I can be happy Ellen. Other than breaking up a few spats here and there the girls pretty much govern themselves making it easy for me to be "in charge." Cameron on the other hand needs more supervision! Sometimes I feel like he wants to get in trouble and since we've been babysitting there are just more kids around to recruit into his trouble making!!! All joking aside, Cam has been really helpful. I've been able to catch up on all the classic Disney movies. I've seen them all but its been so long that I didn't realize how much I'd forgotten. During both Beauty and Beast and The Little Mermaid I've found myself watching intently wondering what was going to happen next. Now I feel like I need to go out and buy all of them because they are really good! I will admit (just a little bit, because I know my cousin reads my blog) that I've spoiled the girls just a tad! Staying up a little past bed times, movies and popcorn almost every night, 2 cookies instead of one and best of all... Captain Crunch!! Wahoo. Who doesn't like captain crunch? I know its WAY WAY too sugary and I usually don't eat that kind of cereal but we could all use a little indulgence once in a while. Hopefully the girls don't rat me out because we have LOTS of secrets that they aren't supposed to tell Mom and Dad. I also left them a little St. Particks Day treat. Phoebe asked me yesterday morning why the milk wasn't green and I had no idea what she was talking about, then she told me the leprochauns usually turn the milk green. I thought "Oh Crap, I forgot about St. Patricks Day!!!" So I got them yet another sugary treat and left it on their beds with a note from "Mr. Leprochaun," in tiny hand writting. I thought I was too cute when Phoebe told me it was "the best day ever" after she found hers after school.

Anyways, so far I'm still alive and not stressing (too much anyway.) Jake and Sydney are both napping and I'm enjoying some peace and quite!

4 comments:

Jody said...

hey ellen i was checking up on your blog... congrats to jake for walking! and congrats to you for losing so much weight! youlook awesome!!! how did you do it???? do tell! ;-) well we never made it to the open house unfortunately ;-(

Alisa and Sky said...

I am glad you are still alive! I tend to get stressed out too when nate doesnt go down for a nap because we both just end up being really cranky!

allison said...

Oh man, keep up the good work!

The Littlest Moons said...

You did it! Well done, I love the tiny leprechaun writing, I might have to steal that idea in a few years! Kids need sugar I tell you! I do anyway. Let's play soon.