Friday, March 13, 2009

Here comes TROUBLE!!!

Jake is walking... need I say more? Over the past week he has taken more and more steps and then all of the sudden he decides to be brave enough to just go for it!! He still stumbles a lot but he can walk!! We are staying at my Cousins house while they are out of town and watching their 3 girls, and just during the first day Jake has managed to tackle Sydney (the youngest of the 3 girls) who is 2, all the way to the ground. Luckily it didn't end in tears even though Jake bonked his head really good. He has also learned how to throw a tantrum!! Is that possible, a 11 months old throw a tantrum? I hope this isn't a sign of years to come. Instead of crying loudly and screaming at the same time he clenches his fist's and screams. Not cries, just screams! He throws things if he doesn't want them and then yells at me. Oh boy. Not to say he isn't my little sweet pea anymore but when he is tired you know it. On the flip side he is really good at giving kisses and loves and can now wave "bye bye." He gets SO excited when I come get him after a good nap and that, for some reason, is the moment when I feel like a good mom. Everyday he look a little bit more like Cameron and acts a little more like him too, and I'm not complaining. If ended up just like his dad I would be a proud mama.

4 comments:

Alisa and Sky said...

Yes it is definitely possible for an 11 month old to have tantrums because nate just started doing them too and sometimes he has such a little attitude when I try to help him with something because he is mr independent! I have to say walking does equal trouble and get ready for a lot of it :)

You are fo sho going to have to come break in our guest room! We would love to have you anytime! It will be ready by the summertime so you guys should plan a summer vacation here :)

Love Sweet Love said...

And so it begins...the tantrums! Welcome to motherhood, ha ha!

Did Alisa really say "fo sho"?! Oh alisa...

Cinda said...

Oh man! Life as you know it is over! Enjoy the little steps!

The Coons Family said...

Sounds like you have your hands even more full now! I hear once they are mobile, you're in for it. "That's not where I left you!" doesn't work anymore. That's totally cool though, congrats!