Sunday, March 22, 2009

MOSTLY relaxing Saturday

Saturday morning we got home after a week of being away and it was nice to just chill for a few hours. Cam's sister and her family came up from St. George, so everyone got together and decided to go to a local indoor pool with the kids. I hate to say that Cam had to drag me kicking and screaming. Not because I didn't want to go but I just wanted to stay home! On top of that I don't have a swim suit that fits and I knew that if we were going to get Jake in I would want to be in the pool too. Well, after showing up an hour or so late Cam and Jake got in and I did have fun taking pictures BUTT (pun intended...) after about 10 minutes I see a lifeguard across the pool holding a scooping net.... OH BOY. I knew that couldn't be good. Pretty soon after that everyone was asked to get out of the pool. Not only did someone POOP in the pool they had diarrhea!! YUCK!! 2 summers ago tons of people got really sick from that same situation, needless to say we were done! So Cam, Jake and I decided to kill some time at Target before dinner at his sisters house. After dinner the girls pilled into the theater room at watch Twilight. The second time around with that movie wasn't as good. Honestly it doesn't do the book ANY justice. I don't want to be one of those people to bags on the movie because it was different but not only was it different it was VERY cheesy. I guess the first time I watched it I was just so excited I didn't notice the cheesyness! My sister in laws and I all agree that the guy who played Jasper is so weird looking!! I don't know how excited I am about the New Moon Movie... Anyway, after the movie we sat around laughing really hard like we always do, but after a taco/burrito dinner we couldn't handle the nasty toots the men were letting out so we went home at about 11:30. It was nice to sleep in our bed!

6 comments:

Cinda said...

I'm glad you guys came out to visit even though you would have rather stayed home. It was fun chatting and laughing with you guys.

The Littlest Moons said...

You were a busy girl last week holy cow! I have to say I really like the twilight books, but I am not the biggest fan of the movie--even though I have seen it twice and will probably watch it again! Glad you are home!

eden and david said...

sounds like what i want to do on saturdays...nothing! haha. im glad you guys had fun.

Alisa and Sky said...

I am sure it is great to be back home! I am glad yall had fun!

Jessica Tibbitts said...

Okay I need to say... I too watched Twilight again (two more times actually) and I'm still undecided about if I liked it or not. Me and Mom think Jasper is one of the funniest guys to watch on screen! AND I AM excited about New Moon. New director, bigger budget... a slightly less cheesy story line... plus more buffed up Jacob. Mom and I agree that the new (male) director will do a better job with the cheese factor.

carol said...

Ellen-I love to read your entries as it keeps me up to date with your adventures, etc. Jake is growing up so fast and it is fun to see his progress. Miss you all so much. Grandma Lukens